All the tips below have been taken from a web site (www.emailoverloadsolutions.com) that blogs about techniques and strategies to reduce the problem of email overload.
This is all sound advice, but we believe MAIL MASTER can not only help you implement it but can also improve upon it!
1. Eliminate the inappropriate use of “CC” and “Reply All”. The big quandary we all face is who is it “appropriate” to “cc”? If we copy everyone that might possibly have an interest, we’re contributing to email overload risk important information being lost in the clutter. BUT it's equally bad if we don’t copy someone and they make a bad decision because they weren’t in possession of a particular email.
MAIL MASTER helps solve this dilemma. With MAIL MASTER you only send an email to those people who have an action. This reduce the volume of emails AND increases the relevance of those in everyone’s inboxes. At the same time MAIL MASTER stores emails in a database whereby everyone can access them as & when required. MAIL MASTER can also provide a regular summary of what new information has been added to the database reducing the risk of missing something important. In this way MAIL MASTER reduces email volume and increases email relevance WITHOUT reducing the amount of information you have access to.
2. It can be hard to believe, but you “get less if you send less!” A significant volume of incoming messages can be a result of your own messaging, copying, or “reply all” behaviours. This is very true. If you routinely “cc” everybody and “reply to all” it is almost inevitable that your inbox will be full of reciprocal emails. However, the fear of missing – or failing to pass on - something important makes it a hard habit to break. MAIL MASTER gives you the peace of mind that everyone has access to all the information relevant to them regardless of whether they were sent it by email, making it much easier to reduce, if not eliminate, “cc” lists and unnecessary “reply to alls”.
3. Use automated rules to move select messages to specific folders to help keep your inbox cleared of these messages. This is especially useful for automatically routing newsletters or routine system messages to a dedicated folder for later review. Rules are a powerful tool to help you deal with email overload. If you are using MAIL MASTER, then most messages should have been filed when they were sent & your inbox will already be clear of messages which don’t require any action from you. If however, you receive a lot of email from customers or other external sources who don’t use MAIL MASTER, rules can be set up to forward them to the database thereby sharing them with everyone that might have an interest WITHOUT clogging up their inboxes with non-actionable email. Rules can also be used to forward historical emails from your inbox to the database, thus increasing the depth of information available to everyone.
4. Create simple folder structures instead of complex, and difficult to maintain hierarchical folder structures. A good filing system is vital if you want to be able to easily find information at a later date. The problem is that not only is everybody’s filing system is different, and even though rules can help automate the process, filing emails is time consuming.
MAIL MASTER solves this by creating a common filing system that everyone can use. Emails are both filed and shared when they are sent eliminating the need for time consuming manual intervention.
5. Reduce the quantity of incoming Email messages, especially irrelevant and non-critical messages.
If you’ve read this far, you’ll see that MAIL MASTER can do ALL of this whilst potentially increasing the amount of information at your fingertips. Contact us to arrange a demo or a free trial and find out for yourself just how MAIL MASTER can help your business run smoother.